PhD Student Fellow
Semi-Automatic Micro Cell Injection Oct 2016 – Oct 2017
Worked as a Team Lead Mechanical on the Micro Cell Injection project. My key responsibilities are to manage and guide the team of mechanical engineers towards the design, analysis and manufacturing of novel micro manipulators.
Laparoscopic Surgical Simulator Apr 2014 – Mar 2015
My initial responsibilities were to design, analyze and simulate the proof-of-concept. For practical implementation, we closely worked with a team of medical doctors and successfully commercialized the product.
Tele Surgical Robotic Platform for Laparoscopic Surgery Feb 2013 – Apr 2014
Project Tele Surgical Robot and Simulator (TSRS) was a government funded research project. My responsibilities was to Design, Model, Simulate and Manufacture the 6 DOF Surgical Robotic Arm. It was a complex mechatronic project and needed close coordination with multidisciplinary team.
- A. Khan, N. Kamal, A. Hameed, A. Mahmood, R. Zainab, B. Sadia, S. Mansoor, O. Hasan. "SmartSIM‐a virtual reality simulator for laparoscopy training using a generic physics engine, " The International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery (2016). DOI: 10.1002/rcs.1771
- Hassan, A. Hameed, S. Nasir, N. Kamal and O. Hasan, “Al-Zahrawi - A Tele-Surgical Robotic System for Minimal Invasive Surgery”, Systems Journal, IEEE, 10(3):1035-1045, 2106.
- Tahir, F. Wali, M. Adnan, N. Kamal, I. Shafi, M. Zeeshan, M. Salman, “Design and Implementation of an Autonomous Car for Navigation in Unknown Environments,” VFAST Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-9, Jun, 2013.
- A. Hameed, N. Kamal, S. BinQaiser, O. Hasan, and N. Jalal, “Electronic Design of a Semi-Automated Micromanipulator Cell Injection System,” in 2018 12th International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology (ISMICT), 2018, pp. 1–5.
Kamal, N., Khan, Z. A., Hameed, A., & Hasan, O. (2018). A modular and generic virtual reality training framework for micro-robotic cell injection systems. In 2018 Annual IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon) (pp. 1–8). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/SYSCON.2018.8369521
- Anjum, N. Kamal, U. S. Khan, J. Iqbal, U. Izhar, N. Rasheed, and M. A. Khan, “Design of non-conventional chain drive mechanism for a mini-robot,” in 2012 International Conference of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, 2012, pp. 103–107.
1. Finalist, 4th TET PROJE BAHARI Apr 2015
IMMIB, Istanbul, Turkey.
2. Runner-up, Project of the Year 2015 Aug 2015
Dassault Systèmes, France
3. Winner, Project of the Year 2014 Aug 2014
Dassault Systèmes, France
4. Finalist, 3rd TET PROJE BAHARI Mar 2014
IMMIB, Istanbul, Turkey